More eateries to open in New Albany!
May 4th – Johnson’s Ice Cream Grand Opening and Ribbon Cutting
All specials and activities are at the New Albany location only.
11 a.m., Free goodie bag to the first 50 guests
11 a.m—9 p.m., Balloons, and stickers for children
11 a.m.- 9 p.m., Visit with Scoops, the Johnson’s Real Ice Cream mascot
1 p.m., Ribbon Cutting ceremony with Johnson’s family members and local dignitaries
4 p.m.—7 p.m., $1 single scoops (See their menu here!)
Summer 2018- Fox in the Snow
– psst….Dr. Angart loves this place and he MIGHT know a great neighborhood for them. As in – across from our neighbor Hudson 29! (See their menu HERE)
Columbus Business First Releases Retailers and Restaurants for New Albany’s Market & Main
Developers The New Albany Co. and Daimler announced eight tenants that will move into the 47,000-square-foot Market & Main II building, starting in the fall.
The new additions are:
- Board & Brush Creative Studio, a do-it-yourself woodworking studio for parties, events and fundraisers. The 1,600-square-foot space is expected to open in October.
- Hayley Gallery, an art gallery that has been in New Albany for 10 years, that will relocate from its current spot to a 1,250-square-foot space in October.
- PetPeople, a 4,200-square-foot pet food and accessories store opening in December.
- Truluck, a 1,200-square-foot jewelry and accessories boutique that started as a pop-up and will open in December.
- Freshii, the second Central Ohio restaurant for the Canada-based chain that specializes in healthy bowls, salads, wraps and other quick eats. It is taking 2,200 square feet and is expected to open in November. (MENU HERE)
- Nosh Eatery & Creative Catering, which is taking a 5,000-square-foot spot and is expected to open in January. (MENU HERE)
- Columbus Obstetricians-Gynecologists Inc., which will occupy 3,400 square feet and open in February.
- The Wallick Companies, a developer of multi-family housing and assisted-living communities, which will move 90 employees into 18,000 square feet of offices on the project’s second floor.
Our neighborhood is expanding!
TOWN CENTER APARTMENTS Update
Name of project: Town Center Apartments
Location: 195 and 200 West Main Street, 134 total units
Square footage: 220,826 combined
Construction start date: January 2017
Architect: Architectural Alliance
Project description: Multi-family residences
Market and Main Apartments 1-3 bedrooms 3 story apartments similar to Easton.
Construction start – this fall digging by CVS
Road extention to Reynoldsburg New Albany Rd. break ground in September
For more information on the construction of Market and Main II, visit the city website at
Name of project: Market & Main II
Location: 160 W. Main Street, between Heit Center and Hudson 29
Square footage: 48,420
Construction start date: June 2016
Contractor: The Daimler Group
Architect: Fords + Associates
Project description: New commercial retail building in the Market Square area