BABY TEETH – How do I take care of them?
Having a baby is hard enough, then you have to worry about their mouth! Here are some useful tips and a Baby Teeth Chart that can serve as a guide for you!
WHAT TO EXPECT at the first visit
Your child should see the dentist when you can see the first molar appear (13 – 18 months). This quick appointment will
- Check their growth and development
- Look for cavities
- Review their oral hygiene routine
- Advise Parents on what they can expect
TIPS from Dr. Angart
- FIRST visit when the 1st molars appear.
- Limit juice consumption
- Off of the bottle by 1 year old
- Brushing Twice Daily
- Toothpaste should be the size of a grain of rice
- Switch to a fluoride toothpaste when the first molar appears. (See toothpaste tip!)
If you struggle to brush your child’s teeth, watch
^^^THIS VIDEO for some help!^^
Please call us to schedule your child’s first appointment with us! 614.775.0840
Look here on our Pinterest Page for more Children’s Dental Health Ideas.