This caramel corn was delivered warm and fresh from the oven of Kate Ault-Kinkead as a holiday treat for us. It’s so delicious that we are sharing with you!
20 cups popcorn (2 bags of microwave popcorn)
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup butter
1/2 cup dark corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
In a 2-quart saucepan, combine sugar, butter, corn syrup, and salt. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil. Continue cooking until candy thermometer reaches soft ball stage (238°). Remove from heat and stir in baking soda. Pour over popcorn and stir. Place in a preheated oven (325°) for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring every five minutes until popcorn is evenly coated. Allow to cool and break into pieces.
Tips for the best results:
1) Use the best butter you can find. You can taste the difference.
2) Any microwave popcorn marked Butter will work.
3) When you stir in the baking soda, the caramel will lighten in color and foam up to about twice the amount. This takes maybe 15 seconds.
4) Use a non-stick baking pan for the best result, but it isn’t absolutely necessary.
5) When cooling the popcorn, you can also stir/toss it as it cools. If you wait until it is completely cooled, you will really have to ‘break’ it up.
We greatly value patient feedback, it’s why we do what we do! Read below to read about our patients’ recent experiences at New Albany Smiles.
Dr. Angart is so good that I fly 500 miles to my appointments!
I've been going to Dr. Angart's for 10 years now. Everyone who works there is friendly and positive and in great spirits. I wouldn't consider ever going anywhere else. For most of my life I hated going to the dentist, now I look forward to having a great experience and well cared for teeth every time I visit.
Awesome team, state of the art treatment, care for you like family!
For emergencies, information, or appointment requests, call us Monday through Friday at:
Have questions about the forms? Need to schedule an appointment? Just give us a call at 614-775-0840. You can also send us an email or visit the website to fill out the appointment request form. We look forward to meeting you!