Did you know……
More than 1/4 of children in the U.S. are affected by tooth decay.
5 Facts about Tooth Decay
- Though preventable, tooth decay is the #1 chronic childhood illness and is 5 times more common than asthma.
- Children can get cavities as soon as their teeth emerge!
- The estimated cost of one cavity over a lifetime is over $2,000. Every $1 spent on prevention saves up to $50 on future dental procedures.
- 4 million children in the U.S. have cavities. That’s greater than the population of Lost Angeles!
- Over 35% of the U.S. population does NOT have fluoridated water.
POWER OF 2
x2 a Day- Create good brushing habits! Encourage your child to brush 2X a day for 2 minutes and floss daily.
x2 a Year – Make sure your child visits the dentist 2X a year for a cleaning and check up.
x2 a Year – The American Dental Association recommends fluoride treatments at least every 6 months (2x a year) or 3-6 months for those with a high risk of cavities.
Why does my child need a fluoride varnish?
- Fluoride varnish can help protect enamel and help protect against early childhood cavities.
- Applying fluoride varnish is easy. Ands its yummy!
- Fluoride is covered by most denta insurance companies.
- Fluoride helps keep the teeth strong.
- Fluoride varnish also helps prevent irreversible white spots that can occur around braces.
- It isn’t just for kids, its great for adults too!
Ask us about a fluoride varnish today! Jeffrey L. Angart, DDS in New Albany, Ohio