Melanie, otherwise known as Mel, makes an awesome Kale and Quinoa Salad! It’s so refreshing in the the summer months and super healthy too! If you make the recipe, bring a batch in for us to try–we could always use a healthy pick-me-up in the Summer time too!
– 4 cups Kale (remove hard stems)
– 1 can of chick peas(drained)
– 1 bunch of green onion- chopped finely
– 1 small tub of crumbled feta cheese
– 1 1/2 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
– 1 cup of cooked quinoa
– 1/2 cup of olive oil
– Juice of 1-2 fresh squeezed lemons
-Add finely chopped kale to medium size bowl
-In a small bowl, mix together the juice from the lemons and olive oil and set aside.
-Add cooked quinoa, tomatoes, chick peas, green onion and feta cheese to the kale mix
-Drizzle with the lemon/olive oil dressing